Saturday 25 January 2014

San Francisco


In 2009, my grandma, sister, step-mum and I visited San Francisco for a 4 day shopping trip. We flew upper class and there and back, as well as sitting in the upper class lounge at Gatwick airport before boarding the plane.
This is me in the upper class lounge. 

The journey was about 11 hours flying time from Gatwick to San Fran so I was so glad we were sat in Upper. 


Before going to San Francisco, my sister and I both worked together in a really nice coffee shop every Saturday. We both managed to save over £700, which we happily spent in just 4 days!  

I remember going to Abercrombie and Fitch out there and spending about £500 upfront. That was pretty fun but the amount of bags I had really killed my arms.  


I loved San Francisco so much and would most definitely go back there again.  


One breakfast time, we went to Lorries cafe and it was absolutely AMAZING!! 





The decor was stereotypically American and the food was delicious. I definitely left very full up as the potion sizes were just huge. 

Every lunchtime, we went to the Cheesecake Factory because they did the best cake ever! We sat on the rooftop and had a great view of the city, as well as catching a really good tan. We generally had a healthy salad along with a naughty but nice chocolate dessert.


 This was the view from the cheesecake factory rooftop! 


After much shopping, we decided that we had to see some sights, so we walked across the Golden Gate Bridge which was so fun and such a great experience. It also helped burn off all those calories from breakfast and lunch! As you can see from the picture, it was pretty cold and very windy on the bridge but that didn't stop us from having tons of fun and taking lots of crazy photos! 



I loved the city so much because the people were all so friendly and it felt like I was going to bump into Ann Hathaway because my favourite film was Princesses Dairies, and that was filmed here! 

We usually jumped on a tram to take us up and down the city as it was so steep and we always had tons of shopping bags in our hands.



Looking back at the photos and reminiscing on San Francisco just reminds me of what an amazing time I had out there. I will definitely be returning as soon as I've saved up lots more money. The houses down some of the lanes were incredible and I wouldn't think twice about moving out there in the future! 

No comments:

Post a Comment